The General Accounting section (FAP-ACC-GA) is responsible for the production of the annual Financial Statements of CERN.
As such, it ensures traceability and documentation of transactions recorded during the exercise and necessary for the development of the annual accounts under IPSAS.
In connection with the FAP-RPC Group, it prepares the (accounting) Budget result, necessary for the production of the Annual Progress Report.
Working with DPO (Departmental Planning Officer), General Accounting is responsible for monitoring - modified budget codes, removal - open orders (open commitment in CET).
The areas of intervention are varied:
Recognition and/or monitoring
- PPE (Property, Plant & Equipment) and Intangible assets
- Operations of the CHIS FUND
- Transactions related to the hotel business CERN
- Business Knowledge Transfer
- Financial transactions related to EU projects
- As part of the closing of accounts: accruals, prepayments, inventory entries.
- Foundation for the Globe of Science and Innovation, Foundation CERN & Society
- Billing and collection of trade receivables
- VAT recovery
- Stores of activities (Stores) the SHOP (reception building), the BOOKSHOP (library), bicycles deposits, electronic banking
- Creation and updating of accounts shown FAP-ACC Group
- Information and advice from various interlocutors CERN