FAP-EF-EG ensures the financial administration of Knowledge Transfer contracts. The main mission is to establish financial and budget analysis of these contracts. In addition, the section provides support and advise the members of the KT Group as well as the various stakeholders involved in the Departments at CERN.
The financial activities related to Knowledge Transfer consist mainly in:
- Ensuring financial administration of KT contracts (income, expenditures and budget)
- Generating and analysing financial reports for official communications and for internal use including their interpretation according to IPSAS standards
- Initiating requests for funds and following-up the process of outgoing invoices
- Triggering income redistribution when necessary and adjusting the budgets accordingly
- Establishing and controlling the budget allocation for projects
- Analysing and forecasting expenditures in relation with the projects’ execution